Your best Match: How to Pick the Perfect Foundation Shade Online
Your exclusive (and easy) Shade Finder Guide by HALEYS Beauty
We understand that choosing the right foundation online can be a little daunting (yep, we've been there!). So how do you do it? We've created a two-step guide to help you better understand your skin tone and undertones so you can discover your flawless foundation match with confidence on our website. Understanding your skin tone and undertones are the key to unlocking a radiant complexion that enhances your natural beauty. Say goodbye to guesswork and hello to a seamless, confident you!
Step 1: Know your skin tone.
Let's start by identifying your skin tone - the foundation (pun intended!) of your search. Observe your skin in natural light. How does it react to a day spent in the sun?
- If your skin burns easily and refuses to tan, you likely have fair skin.
- If your skin burns but still catches a tan, you likely have light skin.
- If your skin rarely burns and tans with ease, you likely have medium skin.
- If your skin never burns and tans with a glow, you likely have deep skin.
Step 2: Unravel your undertones.
Next, let's dive into your undertones - those subtle hues beneath your skin's surface. Determining your undertone is crucial to ensure that your foundation will blend seamlessly with your unique complexion. Again, observe your skin in natural light. What color are your veins?
- If your veins are blue or purple, you likely have cool undertones.
- If your veins look green or greenish blue, you likely have warm undertones.
- If you're having trouble distinguishing between the two, you most likely have neutral undertones.
If you're still unsure about your undertones, ask yourself: Does silver or gold jewelry look better on you?
- If you said silver, you probably have cool undertones.
- If you said gold, you probably have warm undertones.
- If you said both, you probably have neutral undertones.
Now that you know your skin tone and undertones, it's easy to find a HALEYS Beauty foundation shade that works for you - we named all of our foundations by skin tone and undertone! For example, if you are light-skinned with neutral undertones, you'd use the foundations in shade Light Neutral; if you are medium-skinned with warm undertones, you'd use foundations that match Medium Warm. When it comes to what concealer you should use, we always recommend picking a shade or two lighter to brighten your face.
If you have any questions about what shade you should pick, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We're always here to help!